Acceptable Use Policy
The Library offers Internet Access to its patrons as another information resource. While the Internet provides a variety of resources for different age levels and points of view, the Library’s Internet service is intended for educational and informational uses. The Library cannot guarantee, and is not responsible for, the accuracy of the information obtained via the Internet. The accuracy of the information is the responsibility of each originator and/or producer.
The Internet service at the Library is not to be used for purposes contrary to law.
As with more traditional resources, the Library does not act in place of a parent or guardian and cannot be responsible for enforcing restrictions which a parent or guardian may place on a minor’s use of this resource beyond requested direction to a filtered station.
The Library will not be held responsible for any charges incurred by users of the Internet.
Users are guests on the system and should act with respect and consideration for one another.
Users shall comply with all applicable Internet protocols.
Users shall strictly comply with and be subject to the Library’s Internet service provider agreement.
All children, 11 and younger, are required to use the Internet stations located in the Children’s Room. Parents may not circumvent this policy by using their borrower’s card to register a child on the adult Internet computers. Children, 12 and older, may use the Internet stations in the adult department. Appropriate behavior is expected. Parents accompanied by children are strongly encouraged to use the “Parents Only” Internet Workstation available in the Pre-School area.
The Library reserves the right to implement and enforce usage procedures as necessary including posting of rules and regulations, and to withdraw access privileges or impose other appropriate sanctions for those who do not comply with the protocols, rules, regulations, or service provider agreement or whose Internet activity poses a threat to computer or network security.
Please observe these procedures when using the Internet:
- We have 7 Window 10 public computers on the main floor that are available on a first come, first served basis for Internet searches, word processing and email.
- Use your library card to use the computers for up to 2 hours each day. The Library may allow for more time if another patron is not waiting. Please see a staff member if you need to extend your Internet time. Users will be denied access if their borrower’s card has fines in excess of $10 or a billed/replacement item.
- Only one person at a time may use the Internet Computer
- The person logged on is the only one authorized to use the Internet during that time period.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while on the Internet.
- Black and white printing is available for $.15/page. All print requests are routed to a self-service print release computer. Pay at the self-service coin vending machine.
- A scanner is available for patron use. Scanning is free.
- The Library does not provide staff to instruct Internet users. This service is intended for independent use.