Tavares Meeting Room
Hudson Public Library’s meeting room is used primarily for library programs. The Tavares Room may also be reserved free of charge for educational, community and cultural programs and meetings at the discretion of the Library Director. Public meetings will always be subordinate to the library’s primary mission of providing a safe, peaceful, and respectful environment in which to read and study. Programs or meetings that are likely to disturb library patrons in the adjacent quiet study room are prohibited.
To reserve the Tavares Meeting Room please call 978-568-9644
- The meeting room may be reserved by Hudson residents only on a first come, first served basis.
- A reservation may be made up to 3 months in advance; multiple reservations are not permitted unless approved by the Library Director.
- The Tavares room accommodates small groups of ten or less seated around a table.
- All meetings must be free of charge and open to the public unless sponsored by the Library or the Friends of the Library.
- The meeting room may only be used during library hours and all meetings must adjourn 15 minutes before closing time.
- Programs involving the sale, promotion or advertisement of products or services or programs sponsored by a business are prohibited. During Library sponsored programs, performers may upon approval sell sound recordings, videos, books or other materials related to their appearance.
- Groups are prohibited from making statements in their advertising or meeting announcements suggesting Library sponsorship or endorsement.
- The Library reserves the right to close due to inclement weather. If weather is uncertain, it is the responsibility of the booking party to call the library to confirm whether the Library is open. When a meeting has been cancelled, the group or individual is responsible for rescheduling the meeting and notifying participants.
- The Hudson Library is not responsible for the care or security of any items left on library premises and will not be responsible for any costs in the event of theft or breakage to items on Library premises.
- Youth groups under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present in the room at all times.
Please be aware that the room is located adjacent to the quiet study room. Please keep the noise level moderate and close the door to the Tavares Room if necessary.
The Tavares Room is monitored by a remote staffing camera. Library staff reserve the right to enter the room.
Smoking is not permitted in the Library. No alcoholic beverages may be served or consumed in the Library.
Please leave the room in a clean and orderly condition.